A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Sunday 10 May 2009

More than 100 Khmer Krom families protested to demand the returns of their lands

Source: Radio Free Asia
Reported by Khmerization

More than 100 Khmer Krom families from Chau Laing commune, Svay Torng district of Moat Chrouk 9 (An Giang) province on the morning of 8th May have staged a protest to demand the returns of their lands confiscated by the Vietnamese authority, reports Radio Free Asia.

Mrs. Neang Han, 44, from Chau Laing commune told RFA: "I have taken back my documents, but one document is not correct document so I refused to take it back. I refused to it back and then they threatened that if I return to my lands I will be arrested."

Another protester, Mr. Chau Rong, said that during the protest there were no arrest, but they threatened the villagers. He said: "They threatened us, they closed the door (of the commune hall) and I pushed the door opened and exited the hall."

These Khmer Krom villagers were protesting to demand for the returns of hundreds of hectares of the lands confiscated by the Vietnamese authority and occupied by ethnic Vietnamese when they fled their villages during the fighting between the Vietnamese troops and Khmer Rouge troops in the late 1970s.

No comments: